Sunday, April 03, 2011

B Boys Water Polo Final 2011: ACS(I) vs ACS(BR)
































































































































































































The two Anglo-Chinese Schools met in the final of the schools' B division water polo tournament at the CCAB pool, April 31, 2011.

ACS(I) dominated play. At the end of the second quarter, ACS(BR) was trailing 0-6.

The Barker Road boys kept their steely determination to narrow the gap. They found the net four times in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

''Of course we are disappointed but I am proud of my team because we did our best,'' said ACS(BR) captain Basil Lee.


"ACS(I) has our respect, they deserve it, they train just as hard,'' he added.

The last time the two schools met in a B final was in 2009 when ACS(BR) triumphed.

ACS(I) captian Ooi Yee Jia said: ''All of us work together for two years and everyone put in his max. That's how we won the game. They (Barker) were good opponents but we got the better of them."

Score: ACS(I) - ACS(BR)

1st qtr: 3-0, 2nd qtr: 6-0, 3rd qtr: 7-1, 4th qtr: 8-4