Tuesday, May 29, 2007

ACS (I) A Rugby 2007






























































ACS (I) lost to RJC 13-10 in the Schools National A division rugby final.
ACS (I) captain Blandon Tan opened the score through a penalty conversion early in the game. Score: ACS (I) 3 - RJC 0. Thereafter, the two sides took turns to lead the scoreboard.
For most of the first half, ACS (I) attacked in RJC's half. But a break by RJC's Shaun Yam and Stuart Ho just before half-time saw the latter scoring a try. Half time score: RJC 5 - ACS(I) 3.
In the second half, the ACSians beat the Rafflesians in a scrum for a try by ACS(I)'s Timothy Gay, successfully converted by Blandon Tan. Score: ACS(I) 10 - RJC (5).
RJC replied with a try by Aaron Tay to tie the score at 10-10 at the end of regulation time.
The A title had to be settled through the sudden-death play-off. Whichever team scores first, wins.
RJC’s Ong Zhe Han, who earlier failed to convert twice in the game, scored the winner for RJC with a penalty conversion in extra-time to take the final score to 13-10.
Captain Blandon Tan says: ''I am upset that we lost and that our hope of getting a grand slam is gone. But we played well and gave RJC a hard fight.''