Wednesday, April 23, 2008

ACS (I) B Rugby 2008


































































































The 2008 Schools' National B Division Rugby Tournament returned to the Padang with ACS(I) beating Raffles Institution 15-11 on April 14.

The ACSians opened the scoreboard with an early penalty conversion by Colin Lee. Score: ACS(I) 3 - RI 0.

Thereafter, RI led in the first half by converting two penalties. Score: ACS(I) 3 - RI 6.

ACS(I) had two opportunities to move ahead in the first half but two penalty conversions were not on target. Score at half-time: ACS(I) 3 - RI 6.

It was five minutes into the second half when ACS(I) captain Kenny Chua broke free for a spectacular run to ground the ball between the posts. Colin Lee converted. Score: ACS(I) 10 - RI 6.

The scoreboard took a turn again when RI scored a try in the 10th minute of the second half through Bryan Koh. Score: ACS(I) 10 - RI 11.

The ACSians continued to mount attacks. Don Koh scored the winner for ACS (I) with a try near the end of regulation time. Final score: ACS(I) 15 - RI 11.

Kenny Chua revealed that coming into the final, the team did consider being down in the game and so were mentally prepared.

''Even when we were down, we knew we would come back cos we knew that our game plan would work and we knew what we were capable of,'' he said.

''We took care of each other, told each other that we'll play for one another and we did it.''