Monday, April 05, 2010

B Boys Water Polo Final 2010

































































































ACS(I) beat Hwa Chong Institution 5-4 in the Schools' National B Division water polo final.
Captain Lim Churn Yi opened the score with a back flip which found the net for ACS(I) to lead by a solitary goal at the end of the first quarter.

The second quarter was Hwa Chong's, scoring twice to take a 2-1 lead.

Although ACS(I) was expected to move ahead, they failed to as Hwa Chong held them 4-4 at the end of the third quarter.
Playing a more settled game in the last quarter, the ACSians did not quite rule but the lone goal in that quarter by ACS(I)'s Jeremy Yeo swung the final in ACS(I)'s favour.
"This isn't a good performance but a win is a win," said ACS(I) coach Lou Nan to his charges at the end of the game.
"ACS(I) played their worse game while Hwa Chong played their best. I rate our performance today as 20 out of 100," said Lou Nan.
The ACSians were anxious and they created undue pressure for themselves, explained Lou Nan, who is the national team captain.

Agreeing, ACS(I) captain Lim Churn Yi said that the team wanted a win badly and was unsettled when Hwa Chong kept equalising.

In the 2009 B final, the current year 4s in the ACS(I) team, who were then year 3s, were edged out by ACS(Barker Rd) by a lone goal. They wanted to end this year's tournament with a win.
So despite the narrow 5-4 score, the team, together with the coach Lou Nan, could not contain themselves as they plunged into the pool at the sound of the final whistle to celebrate the victory.


Team list:
1. Jon Tan
2. Ooi Yee Jia
3. Gerald Sim
4. Jevon Leong
5. Bryan Ong
6. Isaac Chan
7. Jeremy Yeo
8. John Tan Zhen Rong
9. Lim Churn Yi
10. Chow Jing Lun
11. Loke Jia Yuan
12. Benjamin Lee
13. Shaun Tan Yong En